Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mt. Tamborine

All semester long I have wanted to visit Mt. Tamborine, but not having a car here has made it difficult. Luckily, the other day my friend from Uni, Christian, offered to take Autumn and I. I was so excited! We invited another friend from Uni, Ian, to come along as well. So that is how I spent my day today.. exploring Mt. Tamborine with friends :)

Tamborine Mountain is just inland from the Gold Coast. It only took us about half an hour to get there. The atmosphere was very tranquil in the mountain top rainforest. There were a bunch of cute little shops, cafes, restaurants, and B&B’s. There were numerous wineries, a brewery, and a distillery, which I was happy to explore. They also had a bunch of chocolate, fudge, ice cream, and lollie shops (candy shops). They even had a cheese factory, which was cool to see.




Christian is from Germany, and he recommended that we have lunch at a German restaurant that he had been to before. So off we went to the Bavarian Grill Haus for a taste of Germany in Mt. Tamborine! The food was delicious.. we each indulged in a huge authentic meal AND dessert! Personally, I was very excited to be able to have a German beer with my meal.. I had an Erdinger Kristall.


After lunch, we went on to explore the glow-worm caves! It was pretty cool seeing these glow-worms glow in an otherwise pitch black cave. It was like looking up at the night sky and seeing stars.

The weather has been awful on the Gold Coast the past couple of days, so we weren’t expecting a nice day. We didn’t care however, because we weren’t going to give up the opportunity to go or let the weather ruin our day. It did clear up a lot as the day went on and on our way back home, we were able to stop at all the lookouts and see distant mountain ranges and coastal shores.
Ian, Autumn, and I
Autumn, Christian, and I



All in all, it was a great day. We got to hang out with new friends and explore a new area. Now I can cross Mt. Tamborine off of my Australia checklist :)


Autumn and I have a very early start tomorrow morning (4am), since we have an 8am flight to Cairns! We will be there for 4 days. I’ll post about our adventures when I get back in a few days. Until then everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of Mount tamborine adventures and i love to visit this place. Mt tamborine is a perfect display of Flora and Fauna.

    ReplyDelete