Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Post "Down Under"


This past Monday, Autumn and I packed up all of our belongings, cleaned our apartment, turned in our keys, and said goodbye to where we have called “home” for the past 4½ months. It was more difficult than I thought it would be. We really grew comfortable in our little town of Ashmore. It was sad to think that we might never see our “go to spots” any more. It was even harder to leave Nexus Place, our apartment complex. We spent so much time there and have so many good memories. The hardest part was saying goodbye to all of our friends we had made since arriving back in February.

To all of my friends in Australia - I am so glad that I met all of you. Thank you for all of the good times we all shared, all the laughs, all the inside jokes, and all the memories!

On the bright side of things, I am excited to be going home to Florida. It is a bittersweet feeling, just as it was leaving home and coming to Australia.

To all of my loved ones back home – Thank you for being so supportive of my time spent in Australia and I can’t wait to see you all!

I feel great about my time spent in Australia – I became familiar and comfortable with the area that I lived in, I adjusted to going to a new University in a different country, I learned how to use the public transportation system, I learned the Aussie lingo, I made “heaps” of friends, I traveled lots, and I challenged myself constantly. This experience has taught me so much, I have grown as a person, and I feel so grateful for this opportunity.

Here is to the end of one chapter in my life, and to the beginning of another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment