Saturday, March 17, 2012

One Month Mark

This past Wednesday (March 14, 2012) was Autumn and I's one month mark of arriving in Australia. I can't believe how fast the time has gone already! We had uni all day and then we made a nice dinner to celebrate.


On Thursday (March 15, 2012) I was finally able to meet up with my friend Erica from back home. Erica did the same exchange program two years ago that I am doing now. She loved Australia and also met and started dating a guy while over here. After the program was over, she went back to Orlando to finish school and she eventually moved back here and is now living with her boyfriend in Mermaid Beach, Australia! She picked me up and took me to Broadbeach, which is an area that I hadn't been to yet, but had been wanting to check out. We walked around for a bit and then grabbed some sushi for lunch. A lot of sushi restaurants here are based around a conveyor belt of small plates that just go around and around, and you grab what looks good and what you want. You then pay per plate at the end. It is a cool concept and it was fun, but the sushi wasn't as great as it is back home.





Exciting news: Autumn and I have booked our flights to Melbourne (pronounced "Melbin" here) during our mid-semester break from uni. Our American friends, Chris and Andrew, that also live at Nexus Place, are coming too. Melbourne is apparently a really "rad" city and everyone here has such great things to say about it. I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment: